- Join our secret society of yoga teachers over on Facebook. The conversation is flowing and the connections are priceless. We’ll see you there!
- The Sticky Mat Society is on iTunes! Please rate and review us.
- Sign up to get notifications of new podcast epis and be a part of our society.
- The current state of the subbing situation
- The formula: do you blend, copycat, or be 1000% you when subbing?
- That one time Laura + I both subbed for Ashtanga classes
- The importance of teaching your greatest hits and not pulling new tricks in front of a fresh room
#Stickynotes + Weekly Work:
1. We can learn a lot about how we define ‘other yoga teacher’s space’ — what comes up for you when you consider this?
2. Blending how you teach with the teachers style is a key way to overcome a lack of confidence but it may not feel 100% authentic to you — consider your personal sub policy.
3. How can you get ‘good’ and strategic while subbing for others?
Laura’s Wise Words:
“Be mindful of pre and post best practices as you sub someone else’s class.”
“Respect the space, know the expectations to create a good experience with everyone involved.”
Web | SheOms
Insta | @sheoms
Twitter | @sheoms
A-ha’s from Kate:
“When I first started subbing, I thought I had to apologize.”
“Make sure you resonate at the location that you’re subbing at. Make yourself part of the community + become a fixture in the space/studio.”
Web | You & the yoga mat
Insta | @youandtheyogamat
Twitter | @kateconnellyoga
Resources + Links From This Epi:
Sign up below to get notified when new episodes are released!