- Join our secret society of yoga teachers over on Facebook. The conversation is flowing and the connections are priceless. We’ll see you there!
- The Sticky Mat Society is on iTunes! Please rate and review us.
- Sign up to get notifications of new podcast epis and be a part of our society.
- A goals brainstorm – why you need goals (with soul – thanks Danielle LaPorte) to fuel your yoga career
- What getting experience actually looks like and a dialogue around the whole continuing education thing
- A snapshot into building a brand and community plus website 101
- The #1 thing Laura + Kate wish they knew starting out – you may (or may not) be surprised
#Stickynotes + Weekly Work:
- What is your big WHY? Why are you a yoga teacher?
- What opportunities can you create? What do you want to be a part of and what do you want to passs on?
- Think with your brand goggle — how are you showing up in the world?
Laura’s Wise Words:
“New yoga teachers hold so much of the power to determine where this industry goes”
“It doesn’t matter what you want to call it…ultimately you are your own boss when you make the transition to becoming a yoga teacher…and you have to take a lot of ownership.”
“There are ways to get experience other than just teaching group classes to gain experience—creating opportunities for yourself.”
“You can’t create opportunities if you’re just sending emails out saying hey, I teach yoga can I come out and teach for you”
A-ha’s from Kate:
“The less you’re connected to your WHY, the harder it is to continue to take one step after the other”
“There are a lot of ways to get your feet wet as a yoga teacher that involve some ingenuity and creativity in a way where you still get paid.”
“Yoga is a healing modality in which we deserve to be paid appropriately based on our training and based on our skills.”
“We need to continue to refine how we are putting things out into the world for people
Sign up below to get notified when new episodes are released!