- Join our secret society of yoga teachers over on Facebook. The conversation is flowing and the connections are priceless. We’ll see you there!
- The Sticky Mat Society is on iTunes! Please rate and review us.
- Sign up to get notifications of new podcast epis and be a part of our society.
- How we can learn to, ask Laura says, “manage our energy” when things are coming up for us personally
- How to gauge your crazy and how to respond as a result
- The art of sharing and the curse of oversharing
- How to keep some of your energy on the ‘inside’
#Stickynotes + Weekly Work:
1. How can you build up your community so you have an appropriate sounding board
2. What things are as Livia calls “triggers” for you?
3. How can you process instead of regurgitate?
4. Start journaling! Learn to process things from multiple angles
Laura’s Wise Words:
“Teaching yoga is different than showing up to a corporate job and doing what you need to do.”
“Teaching can be therapeutic when you are going through stressful times because you need to be so present – but there is a line.”
“We hear a lot about authenticity — people think that means sharing all of who you are. I disagree wholeheartedly with that.”
“When you are sharing your life experience to teach and inspire from within the context of yoga, you need to step back and ask, ‘Is the time for you to talk about it?'”
Web | SheOms
Insta | @sheoms
Twitter | @sheoms
A-ha’s from Kate:
“Boundaries are the way you want people to treat you. Policies are the agreements you put in place to teach others to respect your boundaries.”
“A true professional is able to show up most of the time and put that stuff aside. A true professional also knows when they are not able to fully show up and make arrangements for that.”
“We need to be discerning about what things we share from our personal life.”
Web | You & the yoga mat
Insta | @youandtheyogamat
Twitter | @kateconnellyoga
Resources + Links From This Epi:
- The Crack Your Confidence Code episode
- The Psychology of Private Yoga podcast episode
- The Prosperous Coach by Rich Litvin
- Professional Maturity In Branding blog post
- Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Conner
Sign up below to get notified when new episodes are released!