- Join our secret society of yoga teachers over on Facebook. The conversation is flowing and the connections are priceless. We’ll see you there!
- The Sticky Mat Society is on iTunes! Please rate and review us.
- Sign up to get notifications of new podcast epis and be a part of our society.
#Stickynotes + Weekly Work:
1. How can you be available, vulnerable, and show-up in an authentic way while teaching?
2. Be inspired by other teachers (even non-yogic ones) but not at a detriment to who you are and what you believe aka don’t suffer from copy cat syndrome
Laura’s Wise Words:
“I have a choice here to teach yoga like me and I don’t have to sound like someone else.”
“Variety has been a big part of my authenticity. When I started to take workshops, even ones out of my comfort zone, and read more I was able to piece together all of these difference concepts and take away what made sense to me.”
Web | SheOms
Insta | @sheoms
Twitter | @sheoms
A-ha’s from Kate:
“In the beginning of teaching we are preoccupied being able to do the motions of teaching that this ‘authentic’ piece can feel forceful.”
“I saw a lot of people abuse the infusion of being authentic into their teaching.”
“One of the pieces that should be really easy for you to bring into what you do — is who you are.”
Web | You & the yoga mat
Insta | @youandtheyogamat
Twitter | @kateconnellyoga
Resources + Links From This Epi:
- Christine Northcote of Full Circle Yoga
- Jim Bennitt of Tejas Yoga
- Join our growing community of yoga teachers over on Facebook.
- Hop on our mailing list here for some insider info.
Sign up below to get notified when new episodes are released!