- Join our secret society of yoga teachers over on Facebook. The conversation is flowing and the connections are priceless. We’ll see you there!
- The Sticky Mat Society is on iTunes! Please rate and review us.
- Sign up to get notifications of new podcast epis and be a part of our society.
- What branding is, isn’t, + could be
- Our thoughts on the suggestion from some to ‘Let the yoga speak for itself’ + the famous “If you build it, they will come”
- What Kate says is her entrepreneurial therapy and what she is currently working on in her own brand
- Laura’s take on being ‘On Brand’
#Stickynotes + Weekly Work:
1. Here are some of the places branding can pop up. Brainstorm on where these things show up in your yoga biz + how you can infuse each one with more brand.
- Email headers
- Tone of voice
- Client gifts
- Experience of client
- A logo
- A website
- Social media posts
2. Looking at others brands as a way to uncover elements of your self and brand and understanding your self via self study
3. Tips to uncover the answers behind your brand and permission for it to not be 100% now, or ever (it will take time)
4. Start to ask yourself the question: Who is the women I aspire to be?
Laura’s Wise Words:
“There are two different parts of brand: the outer layer + the inside (once people are your clients).”
“Branding is anything that affects how people (mainly your dream clients) perceive you.”
“What you do, how you do it, and why you do it are the guideline for your brand.”
“You’ll find more of yourself as you go on the [branding] journey.”
A-ha’s from Kate:
“What is so exciting about branding is that there are so many layers to it.”
“The biggest piece with me for branding has been the infusion of who I am with who it is I am offering — this hasn’t been something I’ve done throughout my career.”
“I’ve given myself a lot more room and permission to let what I’m doing be a part of who I am.”
“The more in touch I get with my why, the more infused my brand becomes.”
Resources + Links From This Epi:
- Jessica Boylston Fagonde’s work really informed Kate’s approach to infusing who she is with the work she does
- Laura does brand makin’, soul shakin’ over at She Oms — pop over there for ongoing branding dialogue
- Salt Water Buddha — a must read for all you mermaids
Sign up below to get notified when new episodes are released!